5 Dec 2013

The 12 Days of Xmas Challenge Day 3 - Food

Hello everyone! I've got to admit that after the whole present side of things, food is my favourite part of Xmas. However, when I sat down and tried to come up with ideas, I could only think of two options that would translate well to nails and, as it happens, I don't actually like to eat either of them! 

So the other "paintable" food will be revealed at a later date, but for now I will be showing you some Xmas puddings :)

The base is sooooooo many coats of Color Club Positively Posh (such a frustrating formula to work with but I love the colour) to which I added some Color Club Rebel Spirit dotted accents. The white cream is a simple French White by Nina Ultra Pro, and then I added some holly berries and leaves with a dotting tool and a striping brush using Barry M Gelly Key Lime and Sinful Colors Exotic Green for the leaves and Barry M Gelly Blood Orange with a hint of white for the berries. I finished, as always, with Seche Vite.





So there you have my Xmas puds. Not my favourite thing in the world, I'll be the one with the chocolate Yule log and the large glass of dessert wine. In fact I might go and search out at least one of those right now :)

I'l be back in two days with another 12 Days of Xmas mani for you all. The next prompt is for Festive Colors/Glitters. I always look forward to playing with glitter, but the payback comes at removal time - really looking forward to this next one though - catch you all soon :)




6 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to do pudding that way, I was picturing a cup with pudding in it so I stayed away from that. You did a fantastic job and it's pretty creative. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, love them! I don't eat Xmas pudding either-I'm a yule log kinda girl myself too! Although I'm not sure I could do that on my nails without making it look dodgy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Christmas pud! great mani love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great! :) The holly & berries are perfect on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your berries and leaves look really good, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic!! I especially love your holly! And I'm with you on bread puddings, yuck!

    ReplyDelete