9 Jan 2014

Crumpet's Nail Tarts GOT Polish Challenge - Matte pink skittles

Hello everyone! Today sees that start of another challenge - Crumpet's Nails Tarts Golden Oldie Thursday (GOT) polish challenge. This is a chance for us to get out all the old polishes that are lurking on the shelf or in a box, unloved. Aww......

There is a theme to follow each Thursday and the theme must be completed using a polish that is at least a year old (or as close to a year old as possible). First up is Pink. I have soooo many pinks but I'm not really a pink kind of girl, unless its hot pink or purple-ish pink I'm not really interested, so for this one I had plenty to choose from!

I settled on Sinful Colors Scandal. If I remember correctly it was in a grab bag with a few other colours that I did actually like. I gave it a quick try out and then it went straight into the "Maybe I'll need it one day" box.

I painted my nails with four coats of Scandal to get it fully opaque (terrible formula in this particular colour too)  and then went over with OPI matte top coat. Once dry (and matte), I added a different design to each nail with Seche Vite. From little finger to thumb, stripes, dots, flowers, leopard print and a heart:




I love the way that the thumb turned out, I was having trouble deciding what to put on there and thought I'd go all out with the pink and go for a heart - I love it when a plan comes together.

So there's Day 1 of the GOT challenge. Next Thursday's theme is Stripes so I will be digging through my "keep for a rainy day" or "keep because I hoard polish even if I don't like it" boxes again! In the meantime, follow the links below to see all the other GOT pink manis :)

Sam xx

12 comments:

  1. I love the matte and glossy nail polish together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love how it looks, but photographing it isn't so much fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it all how can I join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mara! You need to join Crumpet's Nail Tarts on Facebook for all the details - hope to see you over there :) Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/

      Delete
    2. Is it to late to submit pink?

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure as I didn't set this one up, but I think the Inlinkz might've closed yesterday...

      Delete
  3. It's a good manicure for me, because I've never tried it to do this kind of manicure.

    ReplyDelete