7 Jan 2014

Crumpet's Nail Tarts Tri Polish Tuesdays! January #1

Hello everyone! The Tri Polish Challenge is back - yay! There are a few small changes to the "rules" but its basically the same :) 

The posts will now be every Tuesday and instead of sticking to the same three polishes for the month, you can change them around as long as they still fit the chosen colours for the month. Black, white, silver, gold and glitter toppers are still allowed as extras.
One of the manis in each month must contain all three colours while the others much contain at least two. Simple! ;)

For my first Tri Polish mani of the year, I have chosen OPI Yellopalooza, Revlon Siren and a pretty little red called Cheeky Cherry that I picked up from Essential Nails a long, long time ago.

I started with a base of LA Colors French White (2 coats is plenty which is why this is always my go to white), and then painted in the red, leaving random white sections. Once that was all dry, I added yellow, orange and red dots to the white sections. I finished by striping along the edges between the red and white using LA Colors Metallic SIlver and topped with Seche Vite.




I have no idea where this idea popped into my head from, but I liked the idea that the dots are peeking out from behind the red, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm a little restricted with my nubs at the moment, so I'm working on getting some short nail ideas together pretty quickly!

If you would like to join in with the Tri Polish Challenge, head over to Facebook and join Crumpet's Nail Tarts. We have some great colour combos already chosen for January, February and March :)

I'll be back next Tuesday with a second red, yellow and orange mani for you. In the meantime, check out all the other awesome Tri Polish manis by following the links below, or by checking out our Pinterest board :)

Sam xx



3 comments: