20 Feb 2014

GOT Polish Challenge - Chevrons

Hello everyone! Its another post from me today, this time with the GOT Polish Challenge. The theme this week is chevrons and for some reason I don't do these often (only for challenges in fact!). I've tried to find a way of doing them that appeals to me a little more!

I started with a white base and then sponged on a selection of three Collection 200 Hot Looks polishes that I've had since forever. The green is Look At Me, the Turquoise is Electric Dreams and the pink is Siren. When sponged together they created some awesome extra purple and orange tones! I added Seche and then left them to dry. Later, I taped off a couple of chevron shapes and went over them lightly with white. Then I got bored so I freehanded the rest (you can tell which are which!) and added a coat of Seche Vite to finish!





I love the base of these and think that the white chevrons manage not to intrude too much!

Next week our theme is orange - I have quite a few of these that meet the polish age requirement, but I'm going to have to figure out quite what to do with them! Until then, follow the links below to see what everyone else has painted this week :)

Sam xx
  

11 comments:

  1. Woooooow Samantha! That's really beautiful! You created an artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really gorgeous! I love doing sponged bases, they always look amazing :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I've really got back into the whole sponging thing - I'm really glad as its so much less aggravation than the striping tape phase lol xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the base!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam, I nominated you for Liebster Award :D Check it here http://vicandhernails.blogspot.com/2014/02/again-with-awards-liebster-sunshine-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! I just read your post and I'm like you - I've been lucky enough to be nominated a few times now. I did the post not long after I started blogging, but might be tempted to have a go now I'm another year in lol! :)

      Delete
  5. I really like the chevrons in the mix with the pretty colors. It helps breaks it up and gives a nice focal point. Amazing as always Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Seeing as chevrons were the theme I had to try and find a way of getting them in - looks like it worked out this time lol! ;)

      Delete
  6. These are amazing, I love the base to this so much!

    ReplyDelete