29 Mar 2014

NAILS Mag 31DC - Colour Block Patchwork

Hello everyone! The theme for today in the NAILS Mag March Challenge is "Colour Block". Normally I would go right into a taping mani but today I felt like doing something a little different. I have been looking through some old photos with my parents recently and was reminded of my favourite duvet cover from when I was little. It was purple patchwork and I thought it would be fun to try and replicate it for this challenge.

I started with a white base and then drew in some guidelines with a purple Sharpie. I filled in the sections with Barry M Gelly Prickly Pear, Collection 2000 Hot Looks Go Retro! and China Glaze Spontaneous and then added flowers, spots and criss cross patterns for the patchwork feel. To finish, I went over the lines with the Sharpie and added some little "stitches" before finishing with Seche Vite (after the Sharpie had had plenty of time to dry)






So there's a trip down memory lane and my version of colour blocking for this March challenge. I've been reliably informed that NAILS Mag are also holding an April challenge which I will be joining in on as much as possible - although with the school Easter holidays in full swing and my first Digit-al Dozen week coming up I'm not sure how much I will get through! All my NAILS Mag challenge posts are on IG with the tag #31NAILS2014, so if you've missed any head over and take a look here - you can see all my pics without having to to read my verbose nonsense ;)

Sam xx

15 comments:

  1. These are so cute, I love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I keep meaning to do patchwork style nails and never get around to it. Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Sharpie guidelines make the whole process so much easier :)

      Delete
  3. These are awesome! I love all the purples! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! I have more purples than any other colour so it seemed like a good opportunity to mix them all up :)

      Delete
  4. I saw these and my jaw just dropped. I think this is one of the most amazing patchwork looks I've seen <3 It makes me jealous of your amazing talent <3 (but in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely amazing! So much detail and yet so perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Luckily I had both patience and a steady hand yesterday ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! I want to wrap myself up in your fingernails with a cuppa and a good book. But not in a creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It was my favourite duvet cover for a reason!!! ;)

      Delete
  7. OMG I love everything here <3 colour combo, patterns and final result <3 If only I were able I'd try it out myself in blue *__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! And do it, it was surprisingly simple with a little patience :D

      Delete