31 Mar 2014

The NCC presents "Untrieds" and Polish Party "Spring" with OPI Sheer Tints

Hello everyone! Today I have my final March mani for the Nail Challenge Collaborative and itis "Untried" in more ways than one. I have been resisting getting into stamping for several reasons for a long time, but seeing some of the fabulous manis out there (especially Sarah's over at Penny Pinching Polish, Ali's at Fixin To Faff) and having a chat with the fabulous Rebecca at Lane's Lacquers (who assured me that it was a good idea!) I caved and ordered some MoYou plates. Obviously I couldn't possibly sit and wait patiently for them to arrive, so I dug out some old Bundle Monster plates that I never used and had a go. What I finished up with seemed to perfectly fit the "Spring" theme for the "Polish Party" group that I have just joined on Facebook, so I decided to combine the two :)

I received my big, juicy OPI nail mail and it seemed like a good opportunity to road test the Sheer Tints, so I layered each of the four colours - Be Magentale With Me, I Can Teal You Like Me, I'm Never Amberrassed and Don't Violet Me Down over a white base. I stamped the accent nail with Konad Black polish and then filled in the gaps with the tints :)






I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the tints, but once I knew that it was best to apply them generously, they were very easy to work with. I'm planning another post when I've had time to explore the nail art options a little more, so there will be some gradient/dotty/floral/abstract goodness featuring the Sheer Tints asap :)

So that's it for "Untrieds" month with the NCC. Next month, our theme is "Music/Movies/TV". I am super excited as I have had some great ideas for these manis - whether I can actually execute them so they look as good on nails as they do in my head is another matter entirely though! The theme for the "Polish Party" will be chosen later in the month (as we post towards the end of the month) so I will update you with that info as soon as I have it :)

Sam xx



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It was on a BM plate that I didn't even know I had... :)

      Delete
  2. Aww hun, thanks for the shout out <3 This looks awesome, those flowers look great :) I can't wait to see how much awesome you're gonna do with stamping, and I'm also jealous that you have the sheer tints, I will be buying them soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm going to try mixing my own tints as its supposed to be quite easy - watch this space! ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous as usual for you, NBD. I'm so curious to try out this lead light technique but I need to mix up some jellies first. Or yanno, buy them. Whatevs. I cannot wait to see how you will continue to amaze us now that you've added stamping to your repertoire. .. it means I'm about to have to up my game AGAIN! ;) Thanks for the shout out hon! It still makes me feel weird when someone I really respect and admire does that - I'm just having fun faffing with my nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your faffing is amazing and you inspire a lot of us! I'm going to try mixing some tints and see what happens. I seem to already have too many MoYou plates and none of them have even arrived yet so there's going to be a whole lot of stamping going on around here :)

      Delete