15 Apr 2014

The Digit-al Dozen does Texture - Day 2

Hello everyone! Today is the second day of Texture week and I have something a lot simpler than yesterday's creation featuring one of my favourite colour combinations (so much so that this was the colour scheme for my wedding)!


I painted freehand sections of Claire's Accessories Black Leather polish and Pretty Hot Pink Leather polish. Pretty is a brand I have only ever found in Poundland - the effects polishes are a bit hit and miss and the smell is not something they should be proud of, but some of their polishes are gems and this is one of them. I separated the colours with LA Colors Metallic Silver to add a little bit of shine and that was that!





This is a very "me" design, in very "me" colours, but I'm not a huge fan of textured polishes so I have ventured at least a little bit out of my safe zone! Tomorrow is a little bit more "out there" though, and doesn't really involve a whole lot of polish ;) Check out all of today's other awesome DD manis below!

Sam xx


25 comments:

  1. What is it with cheap polishes and the smell? Have you gotten a whiff of Primark's polishes?
    Fab mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the trade off I guess... I bought my first three Primark polishes yesterday but haven't opened them yet - watch this space lol!

      Delete
  2. awesome color combo nd love how it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think these are totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colour combination...very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so in love with this i tell you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Missy! I didn't want to take this one off :)

      Delete
  6. In love with these, so clean and awesome combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I love these colours so much :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous hun, just perfect! And this is my number 1 colour combo too <3
    I really want that pretty polish, despite the smell. Is it worse than the Kleancolor Metallic's? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Its pretty bad, but if you can handle the Kleancolors you'll be fine as its about the same level of sensory pain! xx

      Delete
  8. This one is DEFINITELY all you! If you put these nails in a lineup, I think a lot of us would be able to say, "oh, those were done by Sam,fo sho!" I always check Poundland for Pretty stuff but I guess the one in Glos just sucks because all I ever find anymore are the "dots" and the "mattes". This color combo is fab, just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali! Poundland is so hit and miss! I see people posting pictures of their hauls from there and then when I go in, there's the same two bottles every week (one broken Sally Hansen and a separated W7)... :)

      Delete
  9. This is great! I love the contrasting colors and finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very "me" design, in very "me" colours, but I'm not a huge fan of textured polishes...

    This is a very me design, in very me colours too. And I'm a huge fan of textured polishes *__*
    I definitely save it in my "to do" nail art list, maybe even blue *___* it's gorgeous! And fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just bought a turquoise leather polish from the same brand as the pink one in this design - I can't wait to play with it! :)

      Delete
  12. This is really cool! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete