6 May 2014

Tri Polish Tuesdays May - Patch Pockets

Hello everyone! Today sees the start of a new colour scheme for the May Tri Polish Challenge! At first I thought my choice of red, purple and green was super clever. Then I thought about it some more and started to doubt myself. Then I slept on it one more time and was relieved to have come up with an idea. Well, kinda someone else's, but you'll see what I mean ;)

I've been a big fan of Brethil's manis over at Druid Nails for a while, and I've been dying to have a go at her stitch effect nails ever since I first saw them on her blog a couple of months back (check out this post). I don't know why I thought they'd look good in these colours, but I pulled out some Barry M Gellys and got to work!

I started with a base of Key Lime and then painted in random (but regular) shapes using Passion Fruit. Once dry, I used Blackberry to add little stitches before finishing with SV.





My stitches aren't as neat as I would've liked them, but I like the quirky, fun look and will be looking at other ways of playing with this technique :)

In other news, I'm looking for a new top coat. I've been getting headaches on days where I do a lot of polishing and after a lot of research, it could (please note the "could") have somehting to do with my choice of top coat. It also might not, but I'm on the look out for a new quick drying top coat that won't drag my designs and stamping - can't hurt to try eh? I'm thinking Poshe, and I know a lot of people swear by HK Girl, but are there any I'm missing that I should consider???

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway for a personalised blog planner - all the details are in this post here :)

Sam xx

7 comments:

  1. I love this! Who would have thought to do stitches!!? I will admit, this month's color choices freaked me out, majorly, but I liked how it made me veer out of the box!!! I love HK Girl top coat but KBShimmer Clearly on Top is awesome too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! HK Girl is definitely a popular choice, I'm stuck between that and Poshe at the moment so will probably end up buying both lol! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I love what you did with my design, they look like little pockets! And I swear by HK Girl... but I haven't tried other popular top coats at all (besides the Essence Better than gel nails one), I bought one HK Girl at Mei Mei's and was sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brethil, glad you like it! HK Girl is topping the poll at the moment :)

      Delete
  3. I love what you did! IMO, this is one of the harder of the tri-polish challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! They remind me of green olives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol Kirsten is right about the olives. I didn't see it at first and now I can't unsee. As for topcoat I def recommend hkg but it does have a smell. However it is good with not smearing if you float it.

    ReplyDelete